Is spiritual Deliverance Needed? Here’s How to tell
We believe that there are essentially Twelve Strongholds of Demonic Activity
1. The Spirit of Infirmity
The spirit of infirmity can affect believers and non-believers alike. The Bible cites an example of this in Luke 13:11 when Jesus was? teaching in the synagogue on the Sabbath day.? The Scripture says that Jesus looked over and saw a woman which had a spirit of infirmity for 18 years and was bowed down and could lift not her back up. This was a faithful churchgoing daughter of Abraham.? She was an attendee of church services, probably sat on the front row.? When Jesus saw her he called her to come over to him and said to her, “woman, you are loosed from this infirmity.”? And Jesus laid his hands upon her and immediately she was made straight and praised God.? The spirit of infirmity can take many forms, including a wide range of physical ailments and chronic conditions.
That said manifestation of the Spirit of Infirmity, found in Luke 13:11, really needs no definition.? Infirmity means to be made weak and can manifest through any physical, mental, or emotional lack of wholeness. It can be any lingering disorders of the body, weakness or feebleness, cancer, female problems, fungus, fevers, allergies, sinus problems, blood pressure problems, arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, untimely deaths in the family, or mental illnesses including gender confusion.
Jesus’ Treatment of Disease was Part of His Redemptive Plan for Freedom
Jesus healed sick people. This was one of His major ministries. He dealt with many organic causes of illness: individuals affected by madness, birth defects, and infections. The blind, the deaf, the lame, and other sufferers approached Him for help.
In the Hebraic culture of the day, most believed that illness was the direct consequence of sin resulting in punishment (John 9:1-3). However, Jesus shifted this concept of understanding in the people of that day by healing a blind man who had been sick since birth. He declared this sickness was not related to the blind man or his father but was for His Glory. This shifted the paradigm of punishment related to sin.
Many of our wrong choices produce consequences that affect our body. However, Jesus came to extend grace to bring us out from the bondage of the punishment of sin and into healing and wholeness. He had the power both to forgive sin and to heal (Matthew 9:1-8; compare Mark 2:1-12; Luke 5:17-26).
The Spirit of Fear
The spirit of fear (2 Tim, 1:7). Symptoms of a spirit of fear operating in your life include:
Tense, tight muscles, especially neck, shoulders, or jaw, headaches, heartburn, hyperacidity, indigestion, Dry mouth, lump in the throat, Chronic fatigue, exhaustion, low energy, Trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep, Anxious, nervous, Depressed, don’t enjoy life, no enthusiasm, disillusioned, Emotionally drained, mentally strained, Personally devalued, broken spirit, Impatient, overly demanding, Moody, Fearful or scared, Nervous, fidgeting, can’t keep still, Feel panicky, Cry easily, emotions on the surface, Cynical, pessimistic, negative, sarcastic, Can’t turn off certain stressful thoughts of feelings, Feel overwhelmed, overtaxed, overloaded, over-committed, No sense of humor, don’t laugh much anymore, Feel driven by? musts,? should’s,? gotta,? and other perfectionist or approval-seeking self-talk, Feeling out of control, Can’t think clearly, reduced creativity, Dependency on drugs or chemicals, Avoid people, withdrawing, Nervous behavior (e.g. biting nails, pacing, fidgeting, can’t keep still), Always in a hurry, pressed for time, Take tranquilizers to relax, Overreact or under react to stressful situations, Do self-defeating, non-confronting things to forget my stress (e.g. shopping spree, eating binges, etc.), Am addicted to work (e.g. always working late or bringing work to home), Try to be ? Superhuman? scramble ( like craving to have it all, do it all, be it all), Overly competitive or hard-driven, even in non-competitive situations, Must fill every moment with achievement-oriented behavior and Set unrealistic and often unnecessary deadlines. Other examples include phobias. fright, torment, inferiority, inadequacy, worry, critical spirit, tension, performance, and fear of anything.
The spirit of python is also called the spirit of divination (Acts 16:16-18)
One of the only named spirits in the Bible, the python spirit is a coiling spirit that works to squeeze out the breath of life (the Holy Spirit) and cut off your lifeline to God (prayer). To accomplish its deadly agenda, this spirit will remind you of wounds from your past, surround you with ungodly influences that tempt you to compromise the Word of God? or just barrage you with circumstances that knock the wind out of you. Symptoms of a python attack may include weariness, a loss of passion to worship and pray, and feeling pressured, overwhelmed, helpless, and even hopeless. The severity of those symptoms depends on how long this enemy has been coiling itself around you and how much pressure it has applied. Involvement in witchcraft of any sort including going to read or using a Ouija board or Tarot Cards can call this spirit into your life. Rebellion, witchcraft, occult practices, and black arts flow from this spirit. Curses follow involvement with these practices.
The spirit of sexual immorally called harlotry or whoredoms (HOS. 4:12),
This insidious spirit is often passed as a chain with the victim often becoming the perpetrator later. It can come from childhood exposure to sex, whether it is from molestation or exposure to pornography from family or friends.? This spirit hides its’s agenda to mock God through perverted sexuality in terms like feminism, tolerance, and marriage equality. But it’s all a ploy to mock God. Liberated sexuality is how it hides perversion. The religion of this spirit is the religion of sex. sex with a purpose. It is sex that defiles individuals that were made in the image of God, and it is meant to mock their creator. Lust, adultery, pornography, rape, incest, pride, and love of the world are characteristics of this demon. Sexual addiction is also a result of this perverted spirit.
The enslaving spirit? An addictive spirit
This spirit often accompanies the spirit of fear (Rom. 8:15) and is often rooted in rejection. It is as widespread in the body of believers as it is in the world at large. Those who struggle with addictions often feel separated from true love. Love satisfies but lust is never satisfied. Addictions of all sorts, bulimia, anorexia, wrong relationships, codependency, and other obsessive disorders are worsened by this demon.
The spirit of pride also called Leviathan is often accompanied by the rebellious spirit (Prov. 16:18-19).
This spirit often manifests itself in looking down on others, believing you are better than another class of people, prejudice, self-righteousness, inability to take counsel to heart, or listen to others when they try to help, feeling you know more than others, arrogance, being constantly critical, lewdness and the? show-off? behavior, gossiping about others, and talking behind the backs of others. Scorn & ?mockery manifest from this wicked spirit.
The spirit of perversion (Isaiah. 19:14).
According to Romans 1:18-32, we see how disobedience can and will lead to a spirit of perversion taking over.
The spirit of perversion can be manifested in many ways such as sexual perversion, child abuse, pornography, incest, having a filthy mind, chronic worrying, walking in foolishness, twisting the word of God, evil actions, abortion, having a broken spirit, doctrinal error, and atheism. Homosexuality, sexual perversion, and abnormal activities are incited by this spirit.
The spirit of Antichrist (1 John 4:3).
This demon takes glory away from Christ, denying His Deity, and claiming equal status.
It often denies the existence of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, instead attributing them to tricks, magic, illusion, or delusion. It is often at work to divide church bodies along doctrinal lines. It opposes; harasses; persecutes and is a source of division among ministries.
The spirit of depression or heaviness (Isaiah 19:14).
The major source of entry for this spirit is prolonged, unresolved, bitterness.
This spirit darkens the countenance; it causes hearts to be downcast. It dims bright? vision robs of hope. It brings a heavy, oppressive feeling. It quenches faith. . It can be like a cloud, hanging over a place. It causes isolation, steals love &makes one feel alone. Depression, abnormal grief, despair, hopelessness, self-pity, loneliness, un-confessed sin & suicidal thoughts flow from this malevolent demon.
10 The lying spirit, is one of Satan’s favorite tools (1 John 4:6).
This spirit often gains entry by Self-deception. Beguilement, deceit, bluff, mystification, subterfuge, unbelief, compromise, intellectualism, cults, flattery and legalism flow from this divisive spirit.
7 Ways to Recognize a Lying Spirit:
- A lying spirit can not understand the truth. (John 8:43-45)
- A lying spirit denies the deity of Jesus Christ (that He is God). (1 John 2:22)
- A lying spirit stands with a majority opinion (many times). (2 Chronicles 18:21a)
- A lying spirit practices unrighteousness. (1 John 3:7-8)
- A lying spirit doesn’t listen to believers. (1 John 4:5-6)
- A lying spirit speaks words that fail to come to pass. (2 Chronicles 18:27)
- A lying spirit entices men to destruction. (2 Chronicles 18:19-21)
- The spirit of jealousy, is a relationship-destroying spirit (Num 5:14) Jealousy, anger, rage, cruelty, suspicion, unnatural competition, insecurity, divorce, and division are the result of allowing this spirit in.
- The spirit of stupor or slumber (Rom. 11:8) Constant fatigue, passivity, feeling like a wallflower, and self-pity describe this demon. When allowed to control, this spirit blocks success and brings weariness to life.
Common Symptoms of Demonic Activity
- Uncontrollable Feelings:
- Massive hatred or fear
- Irrational guilt
- Uncontrollable & Besetting Thoughts:
- Blasphemous thoughts against the preacher or the preaching
- Horrific dreams that cause a terror-stricken feeling
- Homicidal thoughts
- Acute low self-image
- Abnormal Medical Problems:
- Pain, acute without reason to the abdomen or head
- Sudden chills or overwhelming heat in the body
- Cognizance Dilemmas
- Loss of time? blackouts
- Large drowsiness but not on any medicine around spiritual things
- demonstration of extraordinary talents suddenly
- voices that are not your own in your mind
- supernatural events? vanishing of items and other bizarre things
- Many other symptoms of Oppression:
- Accident Prone,
- Persistent depression, oppression, and heaviness or sadness,
- Negative conversation,
- Self-defeating thoughts,
- Chronic illnesses,
- Self-destructive thoughts,
- Inability to concentrate or focus,
- Quickly rejected and either recoil or attack how you feel about others,
- Feel like you have a band around your head,
- Extreme fear, anxiety phobias,
- Abnormal, irrational loneliness,
- Violent, reckless behavior (thrill seeker),
- Hear voices in your head,
- Irrational guilt and shame or feeling unclean,
- Tormenting thoughts and images,
- Addictions that control you (gambling, drugs, alcohol, shopping, pornography, masturbation, lust fantasy lust, etc.),
- Mental illness,
- Rejection, unworthiness, insecure feelings? you feel like you are invisible to everyone even God,
- Self-cut, self-sabotage,
- Attacked by sexual demons at night incubus and succubus spirits,
- Constant confusion in thinking (sometimes difficulty in remembering things),
- Horrible nightmares causing fear (often having demonic images),
- Hatred and bitterness toward others for no justifiable reason,
- Irrational and uncontrollable anger rage,
- Desire to do what is right (inability to carry it out),
- Sudden personality and attitude changes (severe contrasts ? appears schizophrenic),
- Eating obsessions? bulimia, anorexia nervosa,
- Compulsive sexual sins (especially perversions),
- Irrational laughter or crying,
- Negative reactions to the name and blood of Jesus Christ (verbally or through body language),
- Vulgar language and actions,
- Loss of time (from minutes to hours ? ending up someplace, not knowing how you got there ? regularly doing things of which there is no memory),
- Extreme sleepiness around spiritual things such as reading the word, listening to a preacher, etc.
- A demonstration of extraordinary abilities in the occult (either ESP or Telekinesis),
- Supernatural experiences? haunting, movement or disappearance of objects, and other strange manifestations,
- Pain (without justifiable explanation ? especially in the head and stomach),
- Blackouts or loss of time,
- Physical ailments alleviated by command of spiritual authority (i.e. epileptic seizures, asthma attacks, various pains),
- Sudden interference with bodily functions (temporary)? buzzing in ears, inability to speak or hear, sudden severe headache, hypersensitivity in hearing or touch, sudden chills, or overwhelming heat in the body, numbness in arms or legs, temporary paralysis,?etc.
- Tremendous hostility or fear when encountering someone involved in deliverance work,
- A strong aversion toward scripture reading and prayer (especially one on one),
- Irrational laughter or crying,
- Exhibitionist? you want to undress and show yourself,
- Extreme interest in the paranormal, dark side,
- Extreme restlessness (especially in a spiritual environment),
- Agitation for no known reason such as a feeling of wanting to break something or hurt someone.
- Have a sexual desire for someone of the same sex,
- Constant feelings of worthlessness, shame, guilt, suicidal thoughts,
- Disregard for physical appearance,
- The disappearance of items and then items return,
- Long-term illnesses, diseases